Period & Description
Most 19th century and later designers of Canterbury churches have chosen gothic styles – examples include All Saints in Military Road (1830s) originally dedicated to St Albans; St Gregory's in Northolme Road (1852); St Thomas' Roman Catholic in Burgate (1875) the city's first Roman Catholic church since the dissolution ; and city cemetery in Westgate Court Road (1877).
One modern addition in neo-classical style has been St Andrew's United Reform church in Watling Street.
The Gothic revival was not restricted to churches - see the Canterbury Times article here for examples of its effect on domestic housing.
Examples (click to enlarge and read captions)