Marble pavement in Cathedral Trinity chapel composed of small 'tesserae' of coloured marble. It was pepared for the Tanslation of St Thomas's relics on 7 July 1220.
Has been referred to as 'perhaps the most splendid ever laid in medieval England, certainly the most splendid and expensive pavement, of which so great an area remains'.
Local example (click to enlarge)
Trinity Chapel, cathedral