The Treasury (Image 1) is the repository for items of value owned by the cathedral authorities and churches within the Diocese of Canterbury. It is situated at the wet end of the western crypt. Across the front of the Treasury there is a temporary display of restored stained glass - these will be returned to their original locations in due course. Meanwhile, we have a rare opportunity to see early stained glass work at close quarters. The Treasury holds a remarkable collection of items originating in the tomb of Archbishop Hubert Walter (1160-1205) which was opened - some say plundered - in 1890. These include his crozier (staff), episcopal ring, silver gilt paten (small plate), chalice and other pieces. Another even older item is a Saxon sundial, often referred to as St Dunstan's watch, which was found in 1938 by workmen clearing and levelling the cloister garth.
What to see:
restored stained glass (Images 2 and 3)
Archbishop Walter's crozier (Image 4)
sundial (Image 5)
Sources: see standard cathedral sources