Wagon roofs can be open (formed by a lattice of individual wooden braces) or closed (enclosed with boards).
The only local wagon roof we've noted is the magnificent boarded example covering the Cathedral Chapter House. It consists of seven 'cants' ie flat angled surfaces, each of which is made up of 12 large heavily decorated wooden squares – so 84 squares in all. Each of these has identical components of lozenges and triangles. Constructed around the year1400 of Irish oak, under the guidance of Prior Chillenden, it fell into serious disrepair before the major refurbishment and re-painting of 1897. The opening ceremony was attended that year by the Prince of Wales, later Edward VII.
Local example (click to enlarge)
Cathedral Chapter House – the roof has seven cants