This window in the cloister west walk was made in 1939 by Hugh Easton (1906-1965), in memory of Dean Richard (Dick) Laurie Sheppard (1929-31). Easton’s best known works are those made for the Battle of Britain Chapel in Westminster Abbey.
What to see:
- The images (Image 1) include the ‘Adoration of the Shepherds’ and also a portrait of the Dean with St Martin and St Francis
- in the centre is a pelican, a symbol of Christ, wounding itself (Image 2)
- see also Easton’s mark (a church spire with weather vane spelling out his name) on the left (Image 2)