Tracery index


Tracery normally refers to ornamental stonework in the upper part of a Gothic window.

We show separate pages on:

A)  plate tracery (the earliest and simplest form of tracery)

B) several variations of bar tracery (using slender shafts to form decorative patterns) are shown on the following pages:

> curvilinear tracery

> geometrical tracery

> intersecting tracery

> Kentish tracery

> panel tracery

> perpendicular tracery

> rectilinear tracery

> c tracery

> Y-tracery 

Associated terms include ogee, trefoil, quatrefoil, dagger and mouchette

C)  A third category of tracery relates to blind tracery, applied to walls rather than windows.

D)  A fourth category is drop tracery