Tablet commemorating the Kent Cyclist Battalions
The tablet is situated below the memorial commemorating members of the battalions who lost their lives during the First World War. The stone was placed following the rededication in 1950. The tablet is possibly a variety of Hopton Wood Stone, a limestone from Derbyshire. For more on the Cyclist Batallion see related Canterbury Times article (opens as a pdf).
Click on the images below to enlarge and read captions.