This memorial plaque commemorates the Allied Landings on 6th June 1944 and was dedicated in 1989. The material used for the tablet resembles Honister Slate (formerly known as Westmoreland Green or Lakeland Green Slate), a stone quarried or mined from the central Lake District in Cumbria. It is called slate because it has a well developed cleavage; the face of the tablet follows the plane of the cleavage. The stone is from a volcaniclastic sediment, material originating from a volcanic vent and deposited in water, which has a distinctive olive-green colouration. The beds are Ordovician in age.