Click here to see a plan of the cathedral with Viewpoint 1 marked.
Click here for an overview of the history and architecture of the nave.
This viewpoint and the first image below covers the part of the cathedral seen by visitors as they enter the south-west porch.
What to see:
- lists of Deans, Priors, Archbishops
- the tomb of Archbishop Benson
- the vault (roof) of the south-west entrance porch
- the modern stoup
- the wooden sculpture of the Welcoming Christ
- the firewatchers’ stone
- stained glass in the west window